Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Constant Surprises

Little Dragon is one of those groups that has been lingering in my mind for a while, but for whatever reason hadn't got the play they deserve, until now. I first fell in love with Swedish-Japanese singer Yukimi Nagano's voice on Koop's Koop Island record. Her smokey-smooth vocal stylings over Koop's sophisticated electro jazz were instant faves (she's easy on the eyes as well). Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't know much more about her until my dear friend and fellow music nut Ann turned me on to the Little Dragon album. Still, I hadn't given it the attention it deserves until the new release Machine Dreams came out recently. Listening to it I was inspired to revisit their debut and now I have both albums in heavy rotation where they should be. Constant surprises...

No comments:

Post a Comment